Creating Your WordPress Account
1. You will receive an email from Professor Chapman (@Prof-C) inviting you to become a contributor to the course blog (WGS160.wordpress.com). You may sign in to an existing WordPress account, if you have one, to accept the invitation; or, you can create a username and password.
2. If you selected option one, to sign in with an existing account, cool—everything is finished. If you selected option two, to create a WordPress account, clicking “accept invitation” will take you to this screen. Click on “register” to create an account.
3. There are two ways to register. You can sign up for a username, password, and blog address, but it’s not necessary, and you can always create your own blog later. For class, you’ll simply need a username and password to contribute. To do this, scroll halfway down the page, across from where it wants you to enter a blog name. You’ll see the option to “sign up for just a username.” Click that.
4. Now select a username and password, and remember it.
5. Make sure to activate your account via email. That’s it. Next step, create your profile…
6. To make your profile, go to your dashboard and locate the left-hand menu. Click on “Users,” and then click on “My Profile.” Make sure to include a photo and “About You” blurb. Remember: this is a public blog. If you’d like to create an anonymous “display name”or not include a public email, please feel free to do so. If you have any concerns with the public status of the course blog, do let me know and we’ll find a resolution.